The VP Volunteer Services is the chief coordinator for all volunteer needs surrounding PTA activities in school as well as supplementing the school with volunteers as needed for school run activities.
The VP Volunteer Services shall:
- Work closely with the PTA Executive Board and all Committees to learn about activities planned through the year.
- Maintain close contact with the school administration to learn about any activities requiring volunteers.
- Promote volunteering through letter, first day packet, mailers etc.
- Maintain a calendar of all school events.
- At the beginning of the year send out a mailer to the school community to sign up to be on the volunteer database.
- Maintain and update the volunteer database through the year.
- Touch base with the activities chair as may be assigned, at least 10 days before the event to lear about volunteer needs.
- Send a mailer to the volunteer database requesting help with specific detail as to task and responsibilities.
- Schedule the volunteers signing up.
- On the day of the event, ensure the activity is well covered by assigned volunteers.
- Maintain a signing log for all the volunteers.
- Make vlunteer logs available to the Historian on a monthly basis or other arrangement for collating.
- Provide voluteer services report at every meeting capturing the needs and deficiencies if any observed dring activities run in that month.
- Keep a record of all such observations to assist future officers serving in this position.