Members: Requires about 20 lead volunteers and 150 supporting volunteers.
Duration: This is a large event happening on the last school day, catering to roughly 450 students every year. Planning starts as early as October of the school year and the decoration team starts work intensively in January through day of event in June, mainly every Friday during open hours 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. 3-4 weekend workdays are also generated to have everything set up in the Event Center. The closing week of June for the school year is an entire work week for this committee.
Function: Serves to organize the Graduation Ceremony and Celebration Party for 8th Grade students. Involves the following main aspects
(1) Set-up and packaway for the Graduation Ceremony in the Lawson Field area– Responsibility designated to 7th Grade parents
(2) Create, set-up and packaway of Theme based decoration for the Celebration Party in the Event Center – Responsibility designated to 8th Grade parents
(3) Food management - Responsibility designated to 7th Grade parents
(4) Games & Activities coordination - Responsibility designated to 6th Grade parents
(5) Chaperoning – Responsibility designated to 6th Grade parents